Sometimes when you book a train ticket, you have to cancel the ticket for some reason. The process of canceling a train ticket is a bit complicated and time consuming. So this is a challenge… but now you don’t have to worry about that. Now you can simply cancel the train ticket at home. What percentage of your refund will you get when you cancel a train ticket? When can I claim a refund? We tell you all about it. Learn how to cancel tickets at home via the IRCTC website irctc.co.in and the IRCTC Rail Connect app.
How to cancel train ticket online
You no longer have to queue at the train counter or pay a travel agent’s fee to cancel a train ticket like before. You can cancel your train ticket at home. You can also book train tickets. You can cancel tickets through the IRCTC website and the IRCTC Rail Connect app. Please note that train tickets can be canceled before the train chart is ready. Please note that tickets cannot be canceled after the graph has been created and in that case you will need to submit a TDR online via the IRCTC website or app.
Read more: Millions of customers benefit! Unlimited calls on BSNL prepaid plan, up to 100GB data, price less than Rs.500
How to cancel a ticket through the IRCTC website?
- Login to irctc.co.in with your username and password
- Now go to My Account > My Transactions and click on Booked Ticket History
- Select the ticket you want to cancel from the list of reserved tickets. Scroll down and select Cancel Ticket
- Check the checkbox that appears before Select All or tap the Cancel button on the passenger whose ticket you want to cancel.
- Now click OK to confirm the cancellation in the popup
- Passengers traveling during partial ticket cancellation will need to obtain a new printout of ERS (Electronic Booking Sheet).
Read More: Take the Redmi Note 10T 5G home for just Rs 416, check out this Flipkart deal
How to cancel a ticket from the IRCTC Rail Connect app
- First log in to the IRCTC Rail Connect app with your user ID and password or 4-digit PIN.
- Now go to the option My Transaction> My Reservations that appears in the lower menu bar and select the option My Transaction> My Reservations
- Open the three-dot menu in the top right corner of the screen and select the ticket to cancel from the dropdown list. – – Then select Cancel ticket
- Check the checkbox next to Select all or the passenger whose ticket you want to cancel, and then click the Cancel button.
Now click Yes on the popup that appears on the screen