Sometimes we decide not to use an email account. This could be due to a job change or personal reasons. Whatever the reason, but did you know you can back up and even export your Gmail account data with features to go? Also, you can backup your Gmail account from time to time.
Please note that if you are backing up to a company account, the company has disabled the takeaway feature, and before using third-party apps, check your company’s policy.
Read more: Good news for Airtel users! 3 days of free internet data, find out about offers
How to make a backup of your Gmail?
- 1. First go to myaccount.google.com
- 2. Now in the Privacy and personalization section, click on the ‘Manage your data and personalization’ option.
- 3. Scroll down and go to ‘Download or delete your data’. Then click Download your data.
- 4. You will then be redirected to the Google Takeout page.
Step 4. Then you will be redirected to the Google Takeout page. If you just want to download your Gmail data, click the Uncheck All option on the first page.
- 5. Scroll down to the ‘Select data to include’ option and go to the Mail option. Check the box.
- 6. After checking the box, you will see two buttons. First, by clicking on ‘Multiple Formats’, you can see the format your data will be downloaded in. By clicking the second ‘All Mail Data Included’ button, you can download different categories of data as needed.
- 7. Scroll down and click ‘Next Step’.
- 8. You now have the option of how to receive the data and you will see that option by clicking the arrow under ‘Delivery Method’. This will include the option to email the download link or add data to your Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Box.
- 9. You will also have the option to export only once or every two months as well as choose the type and size of the file. If the file size exceeds its maximum size, it will be split into multiple files. Any file larger than 2GB will use the zip64 compression format. Once you’ve selected, click Create Export.
- 10 After this the export will start. Exports can take hours or days. You can also click ‘Cancel export’ or ‘Create another export’.