Connect with us

India news

Uttarakhand: The pilgrimage priests of Yamunotri opposed the Chardham Yatra starting June 8, said – wait for the government

Published

on

In Uttarakhand, Chardham Yatra starting 8 June has been opposed by the local people as well as the pilgrims of Yamunotri Dham. The shrine priests said that devotees should also not be allowed to visit the dham. The government should wait till the situation is normal, so that the dham along with the devotees will be safe.

Dehradun. The Chardham Yatra in Devbhoomi Uttarakhand is starting from June 8, but, in the meantime, pilgrims of Yamunotri Dham have also demanded that the yatra not be started. The pilgrims say that the central government has given the authority to the state government to open religious places in Unlock 1. A large number of devotees visit the Chardham Yatra, so at present the yatra should not be started to save the temples from Corona epidemic infection.


The shrine priests said that devotees should also not be allowed to visit the dham. The government should wait till the situation is normal, so that the dham along with the devotees will be safe. Tirtha Purohit says that from the opening of the kapat till now, they have been doing aarti daily in the presence of devotees, which will be continued in the traditional way.



At the same time, the administrative chairman of the Yamunotri temple committee says that at the moment, we should wait for 8 June. Whatever will be the guidelines of MHA, a decision will be taken regarding the journey. Currently, no one has been allowed to visit Yamunotri since Yamunotri Dham opened its doors.


Please tell that the local people have already opposed the Chardham Yatra starting from 8 June. People said that the yatra should not be conducted till June 30. The infection of the global pandemic Corona is at its peak and then there is no complete system for travel. It may take time for other systems including electricity, water to be repaired. People also said that Badrinath Dham is still very cold. People can get infected by starting the journey. People met the SDM and also presented their views. At the same time, SDM Joshimath had said that preparations are being made to improve the basic facilities for the journey. The system will be restored after 2 to 3 days.


Significantly, the Uttarakhand government has already said that the Chardham Yatra will begin in a limited way from June 8. State Cabinet Minister and State Government Spokesperson Madan Kaushik had said that preparations are going on to start Chardham Yatra from June 8 and the yatra will start in a limited way initially and later after negotiating with other state governments, it will be started. Will also be opened for pilgrims and tourists.



The Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri temples located in the high Himalayan regions of Uttarakhand have opened a month and a half ago but they have not yet been opened for devotees due to the Corona crisis. This will be the first time when pilgrims are deprived of sight of Chardham due to Corona epidemic. The valleys of Gangotri and Yamunotri were opened on 24 April on the festival of Akshaya Tritiya, while the doors of the Kedarnath temple were opened on 29 April and the gates of Badrinath were opened on 15 May.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

India news

Improvement in the nature of the police in the Mahad explosion accident | Enhancement of nature…

Published

on

By

Alibag: Three policemen were seriously injured while defusing an improvised explosive device (IED) on March 8 near the Mahad village of Kambale in Mahad taluka. Ashirwad Lagade, a policeman from the bomb squad, was seriously injured in the accident. He has been receiving treatment at the Apollo Hospital in Navi Mumbai for the past two months and his condition is improving, the hospital administration said.

The bomb squad had previously recovered explosives from the Mahad Industrial Police Station. According to him, three Alibag employees had entered Mahad to defuse the explosives. Kamble begins to destroy a stone in Mahad. This time there was a big explosion. Rakesh Doshi, Ramesh Kute and Ashirwad Lagde were injured in the blasts. Ashirwad Lagade’s health was critical. Police rushed him to Apollo Hospital in Navi Mumbai for treatment. He has been undergoing treatment there for the past two months.

The explosion was so intense that he sustained multiple injuries, including many small and large particles to his face, eyes, and abdomen. The cataracts and retina were torn due to the insertion of a large piece of leaf in the left eye. The right arm was broken. There were injuries to sensitive internal organs such as the intestines and liver.

His right ear also hurt and he had several wounds on the side of his abdomen. So Ashirwad had to undergo several surgeries. A team of expert consultants from Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai met and started the treatment, which has now received a positive response from Ashirwad. According to the information given by the doctor, 90% of her vision has returned. Other wounds are healing. The hospital administration estimates that it will take about a year for him to fully recover and return to work.

The police administration has decided to bear all the expenses for the treatment of the three comrades injured in the Mahad explosion. In addition to providing assistance under the Police Welfare Scheme, the Raigad Police Force has established a separate fund for treatment that is not covered by the scheme. We are working hard to ensure that Ashirwad receives the best treatment.”

– Dayanand Gawde, Police Inspector, Local Criminal Investigation Department

‘The intestinal ulcers have healed and now Ashirwad can eat regular meals and his digestion is also becoming normal. We are sure that they will be fully fit during the next year. We are monitoring his health.’

– Dr. Shaleen Dubey, surgeon at Apollo Hospital


Continue Reading

India news

Study Group for Kolkewadi Dam Water Discharge Solution Study Group…

Published

on

By

Chiplun: A study group has been created to suggest measures for the release of water from the Kolkewadi dam in the taluka. The group includes nine people, including government officials. A meeting was held on December 15 last year under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on the flood situation in Chiplun and Mahad. During the monsoon, flooding in Chiplun city intensifies due to the inflow of water from the Kolkewadi dam, members of the Chiplun Rescue Committee said at the meeting. Therefore, after studying the facts in this regard, the retired Chief Engineer D. NORTH. Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar has ordered the establishment of a study group under the chairmanship of Modak. The group is headed by Deepak Modak, a retired chief engineer from the Department of Water Resources. Dr. Sharad Joshi, a social worker from Chiplun. Prakash Patankar and Sanjeev Anerao from Agro Turismo, Chiplun.

Executive Engineer of the Koyna Irrigation Department, Nitish Potdar, is the Secretary Member of the group and Executive Engineer of the Ratnagiri Irrigation Department, JM Patil, will be the Coordinating Secretary. Impact of discharge from Koyna Avajal in and around Chiplun town during Mahapura in July last year, as well as consolidation of discharge from Kolkewadi Dam during that period The group is expected to carry out a study on carrying capacity from the river. At the same time, it has been given the responsibility of suggesting standardized procedures for future discharge of water from the Kolkewadi Dam.


Continue Reading

India news

No matter how much water ‘Baramati’ is given, they run away from others; Fadnavis’s…

Published

on

By

Solapur: The Baramati congregations have flooded all the places till today. Once again, they are sharing the waters of Ujjain. No matter how much water is given to these churches, their thirst is not quenched. Their attitude is that we want everything and on our own platter. The rest of Maharashtra should always remember him and show them their place, said Devendra Fadnavis, Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Assembly without appointing NCP Chairman Sharad Pawar.

The ‘Jagar Shetkaryancha-Akrosh Maharashtracha’ campaign launched by Rayat Kranti leader Sanghatana Sadabhau Khot on the issue of farmers has come to an end in Tembhurni in Solapur district, the NCP stronghold. Fadnavis was speaking at the time. Opposition Leader in the Legislative Council Praveen Darekar along with Madha MP Ranjit Singh Nimbalkar, Former Ministers Harshwardhan Patil, Subhash Deshmukh, Vijay Deshmukh, Gopichand Padalkar, Ram Satpute, Rajendra Raut, Rahul Kul, Samadhan Avtade, Dhairyashil Mohite-Patil were present on the occasion.

Fadnavis strongly criticized the NCP for bringing the water from the Ujani dam to Indapur and Baramati, overcoming opposition from Solapurkars. He said that it has already been decided to supply water from the Ujani dam to the Solapur district and from other drought-prone areas. However, efforts are being made to divert the water from the dam.


Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © Tmesnowindia.com Latest news headlines from India & around the world. Check out today's news coverage live, The Times of India is an Indian English-language daily newspaper and digital news media owned and managed by The Times Group. It is the third-largest newspaper in India by circulation and largest selling English-language daily in the world. Bennett, Coleman and Company Limited, is an Indian media conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company remains a family-owned business with Sahu Jain family owning a majority stake in The Times Group.

Times Now India Business Tribune The Business News