Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) UP Board 10th / 12th Class Result 2020 Date: In this era of internet, the future of journalism has now come on the web. Web means online media. This is called New Media. Emerging amidst the glare of print, radio, and TV, it is a media that keeps you up to date with news through computers, laptops or smart mobiles. This web journalism done through the Internet matches electronic media to a great extent. But today due to its prevalence and the facility to see old news again, it has established its own existence. Industry experts also believe that the next phase is of web journalism. Because as the internet penetration in the country is increasing. This field is also developing rapidly. This is why the demand for skilled web journalists is also increasing.
Where are the jobs:
- A recent study has shown that by the end of 2020, the digital ad market in the country will grow at around 33.5%. There is obviously a lot of potential in web journalism. Today, any leading newspaper or news channel, they have their own web edition. Since they get the content from their original network only, which has to be fixed and uploaded to the website. In such places, you can get a job as a copy editor, senior copy editor, chief copy editor and editor. In addition, there are several independent news portals and dotcoms, where there are a large number of job opportunities for reporters, journalists as well as designers and web developers. Where designers work to give a visual look to a website. At the same time, web developers deal with the coding of the designed page, giving links and uploading the page.
Courses and Qualifications:
- All educational institutions usually associated with journalism courses also include new media / online media / cyber media subjects, under which the student is given the basic principles of journalism, use of various software on computers and information technology subjects. Currently, degree, PG diploma and certificate courses are being conducted under Mass Communication. But educational qualifications for these are different. For the degree course, a student must have 12th pass in any stream. While the minimum qualification for PG diploma course should be graduation.
Journalism related courses:
- Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication
- PG Diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- PG Diploma in Mass Media
- MA in Journalism
- Journalism and Public Relations