Connect with us

India news

Rich Saudi Dissident Named Bomb Suspect

Published

on

WASHINGTON — U.S. officials Thursday said a wealthy Saudi dissident was a prime suspect in two guerrilla bombings that have killed 24 Americans in the past year in an apparent effort to drive the United States from Saudi Arabia.
Counterterrorism officials said they had received a report from a foreign intelligence service that the suspect, Osama Bin Laden, had taken credit for the bombings in telephone conversations and had vowed to strike again.

Although the officials were unable to confirm the bulk of the foreign-supplied intelligence, they said it was unusually detailed “and does fit well with what we know from other sources concerning Bin Laden and Sunni extremist networks.”

“For example, we have a large body of reporting on Bin Laden’s efforts to encourage cooperation between Islamic extremists of many nationalities and on his long-time relationship with Iraqi and Sudanese officials and have some reporting concerning his cells within Saudi Arabia,” a counterterrorism official said.

Bin Laden, who has recently spent time in Sudan, Yemen and Afghanistan, has denied involvement in the bombings that killed five Americans and two Indians in Riyahd on Nov. 13, 1995 and killed 19 U.S. airmen in Dhahran last June 25.

But he called those events warnings that the United States should withdraw its forces from Saudi Arabia, America’s largest oil supplier. Four Saudis executed for the Riyadh attack said they had been inspired by his writings.

State Department spokesman Nicholas Burns declined comment on a report in Thursday’s Washington Times, which detailed the telephone conversations in which Bin Laden purportedly took credit for the blasts and promised to hit again.

Specifying that he was speaking about Bin Laden without reference to the ongoing joint U.S.-Saudi bombing probe, Burns said: “He’s a bad guy … engaged in activities that we believe are terroristic.

“We try to follow his career because we want people like him to meet justice. We want to bring them to justice when we can. So, we’re interested in him and we’ll continue to follow his career very closely.” In a fact sheet handed out in February, the State Department described Bin Laden, scion of a Saudi construction family who was stripped of his Saudi citizenship in 1994, as “one of the most significant financial sponsors of Islamic extremist activities in the world today.”

It linked Bin Laden, who has been under the protection of the fundamentalist Taleban militia in Afghanistan, to guerrilla training camps in Afghanistan and Sudan and said he backed a bid to bomb U.S. forces in Yemen in 1992.

The Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which is leading the U.S. side of the probe, and the Saudi Embassy declined comment on whether Bin Laden was a suspect in the Dhahran bombing.

But Kenneth Katzman of the Congressional Research Service, who monitors the Gulf region and has just returned from visits to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, said Bin Laden was feared as “the major potential threat to U.S. forces in the Gulf.”

“Based on my conversations with U.S. military and other officials in the region, it’s clear that they are looking at him closely in connection with the two past bombings,” he added in a telephone interview.

Another U.S. official who monitors the Middle East said Bin Laden had long been a prime suspect. He said Bin Laden, a Sunni Moslem, apparently had poor relations with Iran’s radical Shiite leaders, accused by the United States of being the chief state sponsor of anti-Western terrorism.

But Katzman said he understood that Bin Laden had narrowed his differences with Iran. “Any consumation of a political marriage between Iran and Bin Laden could have devastating consequences for the U.S. military in the Gulf,” he added.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

India news

Rajya Sabha Election: Will Mahavikas Aghadi’s Fourth Candidate Get Elected? jayant…

Published

on

By

Rajya Sabha Election: Will Mahavikas Aghadi’s Fourth Candidate Get Elected? Jayant Patil gave a great answer, he said

Talks with independents are taking place at various levels. We will be informed about this in due course, said Jayant Patil.

Jayant Patil
Jayant Patil (archived photos)

The Mahavikas Aghadi is not in trouble. The Mahavikas front has a majority. Therefore, the fourth candidate from the alliance will win with good votes, said Jayant Patil, NCP state chairman and minister of water resources. Following a meeting with NCP Chairman Sharad Pawar at Yashwantrao Chavan Pratishthan today, Jayant Patil interacted with the media. He this time he made the above statement.

Read also >> Prophet Mohammad Contempt Case: Will Nupur Sharma’s Trouble Increase? Notice issued by the Mumbra Police!

“Discussions are taking place with independents at various levels. You will be notified in due course. People get angry at different times for different reasons. But the Samajwadi Party has stood against the BJP in Uttar Pradesh. So Therefore, they will support the Mahavikas Aghadi government,” said Jayant Patil.

Also Read >> Rajya Sabha Election: Who Will Seek MIM Help For Support? Nana Patole clearly said

“She is fine. This has all started so that all MLAs are in Mumbai and available to vote due to Corona. Votes need to be shown, so it is not about kidnapping anyone,” said Jayant Patil.

Also Read >> Did Bishnoi Gang Threaten Salman Khan? Important information provided by the Delhi Police after Mhorakya’s interrogation!

BJP will try to form a front. These elections were supposed to be uncontested. The candidate who is in the electoral arena; No need to blame him for trying to get votes. But originally, the Mahavikas Aghadi government was initially supported by 170 MLAs, so all the candidates will be elected,” said Jayant Patil.

Read also >> Married woman goes out with Chimurdi; Woman killed, daughter rescued

“Today, all members of the Legislative Assembly have received instructions from Mahavikas Aghadi. Most of the MLAs have arrived in Mumbai. Jayant Patil also said that this meeting was for all of them. Meanwhile, discussions are underway for the Legislative Council and we have two seats and it is being discussed for two seats Jayant Patil clarified that his decision will be announced in due course.

Website title: Jayant patil said that the 4th candidate in the 2022 rajya sabha elections will definitely win the prd

Next story
Contempt of Prophet Mohammad Case: Will Nupur Sharma’s Trouble Increase? Notice issued by the Mumbra Police!Nupur Sharma


Continue Reading

India news

Maharashtra HSC Result 2022: Class XII results to be announced tomorrow; ‘As a’ …

Published

on

By

Maharashtra HSC Result 2022: Class XII results to be announced tomorrow; See result ‘Asa’

Maharashtra Result 12 2022: The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education will release the class 12 results tomorrow.

Maharashtra HSC Result 2022 date
representative photo

Maharashtra HSC Result 2022 Date & Time: The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) will soon announce the results of Class XII on Wednesday, June 8, 2022. The results will be announced at 4 p.m. Candidates must check the official website of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education for the latest information on the results.

The Maharashtra HSC results were expected to be released on the website on June 10, 2022. But the board has issued official notification that the results will be announced tomorrow June 8.

You can view the results by logging into this website:

  • msbshse.co.in
  • hscresult.mkcl.org
  • mahresult.nic.in.

Check the results of ‘Asa’

  • To view the Maharashtra Board results, first visit the official website of MSBSHSE maharesult.nic.in or hscresult.mkcl.org or msbshse.co.in.
  • On the home page, click on the MSBSHSE 12th Result 2022 link, the link will be activated as soon as the result is announced.
  • Enter your registration number and date of birth, enter the captcha and click submit.
  • Your result will appear on your screen, you can download and save it to your desktop below.

Around 14 lakh students sit HSC exams in Maharashtra every year. Last year Maharashtra Board canceled board exams 10 and 12 due to corona virus. The students were approved on the basis of the internal evaluation and the test. However, the board exams were held like every year, so the students are eagerly awaiting the results.

Website title: Maharashtra hsc result 2022 date and time announced check all details how to download ttg grade sheet

Next story
NABARD Recruitment 2022: Job Opportunities; Start the application process, learn more detailswork 2022


Continue Reading

India news

Did the Bishnoi Gang threaten Salman Khan? After the chief’s consultation, Delhi…

Published

on

By

Did the Bishnoi Gang threaten Salman Khan? Important information provided by the Delhi Police after Mhorakya’s interrogation!

Who exactly threatened Salman Khan? The Mumbai Police are investigating in this regard and new information has come to light in the investigation by the Delhi Police.

salman khan lawrence bishnoi
Salman Khan threatened by Lawrence Bishnoi Gang? (Photo – PTI)

Mumbai police have launched an investigation after receiving death threats against Bollywood actor Salman Khan and his father Salim Khan. The State Department of Home Affairs has also taken note of this and the Deputy Commissioner of Mumbai Police, Vishwas Nangre Patil, has provided detailed information to the Home Minister in this regard. The Department of the Interior suspects that Lawrence Bishnoi’s gang was involved in the threat. In this context, the Delhi Police has given important information in this regard after interrogating the leader of this gang, Lawrence Bishnoi, in prison.

Salman threatens Sidhu Musewala

On June 5, Salim Khan received a threatening letter in his backyard. The letter threatened to “do the same to Salman Khan and Sidhu Musewala”. A complaint has been filed with the Bandra police and a case has been registered against an unidentified person. In this context, Nangre-Patil informed the Minister of the Interior, Dilip Walse Patil, about the investigation of this case and other important information. The Home Office has also said Lawrence Bishnoi’s gang is suspected of being behind the threat to Salman Khan.

Reiki from Salman’s house before sending a threatening letter; Vishwas Nangre Patil arrives to meet the Minister of the Interior

Meanwhile, while all these activities were going on in Mumbai, the Delhi police questioned Lawrence Bishnoi, the leader of the Bishnoi gang, who was serving his sentence in jail. When he asked Lawrence about the threat to Salman Khan, Lawrence told him that he had nothing to do with it. The Delhi Police has given this information, according to a tweet from ANI.

Salim Khan’s threatening letters Salman and Salim Khan increase security; Police authorities alerted after receiving threatening letter

“I have no idea”

Law enforcement suspects that the Lawrence Bishnoi gang was involved in the murder of Sidhu Musewala. The Bishnoi gang had previously threatened to kill Salman Khan in an antelope poaching case. However, Lawrence Bishnoi’s statement that “I don’t know who threatened Salman Khan” has added to the mystery. Who exactly threatened Salman Khan? The Mumbai police is conducting a thorough investigation into it.

Website title: salman khan life threat lawrence bishnoi gang siddhu musewala assassination pmw

Next story
The married woman strangled Chimurdi; Woman killed, daughter rescuedStole


Continue Reading

Trending