Connect with us

India news

Report: White House Hosted 58 Events for Donors -WASHINGTON

Published

on

WASHINGTON — The Clinton White House held at least 58 receptions, meals and other events for Democratic Party donors and political supporters over the past four years, the Washington Post reported in Sunday editions.
The newspaper said the events were in addition to the 103 coffee meetings previously disclosed by the White House.

“It’s fair to say that these additional functions at the White House were for the purpose of encouraging support for the president’s campaign, including financial support,” White House special counsel Lanny Davis told the newspaper.

Republicans have urged Attorney General Janet Reno to appoint an independent counsel to investigate allegations of improper fundraising by President Clinton and the Democratic National Committee, including illegal contributions from foreign companies and many overnight stays at the White House.

Reports allege the President and Vice President hosted White House events for Democratic donors

Reviews of White House guest lists for political functions, released to a congressional committee last week, showed that guests at the coffees donated $27 million to the DNC. Overnight guests at the White House donated at least $6 million, the Post said.

The 58 White House events included more than 30 receptions, a $3,838 DNC tea in 1994, and a $2,294 Clinton-Gore luncheon last May.

The Post also quoted Lorraine Voles, spokeswoman for Vice President Al Gore, as saying that Gore’s office discovered last week that the White House failed to seek proper reimbursement for 18 of 20 coffees he hosted in his office in the Old Executive Office Building.

Reimbursement bills weren’t sent at all for 11 coffees and the costs for seven others were mistakenly billed to Gore’s Senate account. Gore is president of the Senate.

“We discovered an accounting error and we are moving quickly to correct the error,” the Post quoted Voles as saying. “We expect a full reimbursement very soon.” The amount involved is estimated at about $500, the Post said.

The Post also reported that a Chinese businessman who attended a White House coffee for campaign donors hosted by President Clinton last year has denied seeking the meeting and said it was arranged by a New York investment bank.

Wang Jun, who heads a Chinese financial and industrial conglomerate and a military-owned arms trading firm, told the Post the main purpose of his U.S. visit was not an effort by his government to win influence in the United States.

Wang, who heads the China International Trust and Investment Corp. conglomerate, said he was invited to visit the United States by Lehman Brothers Inc., which is competing with other American firms to do business with China.

The Chinese executive said he accepted the invitation because he was interested in exploring how receptive U.S. financial markets would be to new debt offerings by Chinese companies and government agencies, the Post reported.

“I didn’t propose the meeting,” Wang told the Post in an interview in Beijing last week. “I said again and again that Clinton was too busy. I had little to talk to him about.”

The Justice Department believes China tried to direct nearly $2 million in illegal campaign contributions to members of Congress and Clinton administration officials.

Chinese Premier Li Peng Friday flatly denied China had sought to influence U.S. elections or funnel money to presidential or congressional candidates.

Wang also denied he or his firm were trying to influence U.S. politics or policy through illegal campaign contributions. “I don’t even get involved in politics in China, let alone in the United States,” he told the newspaper.

A spokesman for Lehman Brothers told the Post that executives of the firm met with Wang during his U.S. visit, but said the firm played no role in arranging the White House visit. Wang also said Trie played a role in arranging the White House visit. DNC spokeswoman Amy Weiss Tobe told the Post it was Trie who asked whether Wang could attend the coffee.

Wang’s main contact at Lehman was Ernest Green, who contributed $50,000 to the DNC the day after Wang’s visit to the White House. Green called the timing of the contribution coincidental and said it came from his own personal funds, the Post reported, noting Green was a major Democratic Party fund raiser and long-time friend of Clinton’s and Trie’s.

It said the FBI had interviewed Green as part of the Justice Department investigation.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

India news

Rajya Sabha Election: Will Mahavikas Aghadi’s Fourth Candidate Get Elected? jayant…

Published

on

By

Rajya Sabha Election: Will Mahavikas Aghadi’s Fourth Candidate Get Elected? Jayant Patil gave a great answer, he said

Talks with independents are taking place at various levels. We will be informed about this in due course, said Jayant Patil.

Jayant Patil
Jayant Patil (archived photos)

The Mahavikas Aghadi is not in trouble. The Mahavikas front has a majority. Therefore, the fourth candidate from the alliance will win with good votes, said Jayant Patil, NCP state chairman and minister of water resources. Following a meeting with NCP Chairman Sharad Pawar at Yashwantrao Chavan Pratishthan today, Jayant Patil interacted with the media. He this time he made the above statement.

Read also >> Prophet Mohammad Contempt Case: Will Nupur Sharma’s Trouble Increase? Notice issued by the Mumbra Police!

“Discussions are taking place with independents at various levels. You will be notified in due course. People get angry at different times for different reasons. But the Samajwadi Party has stood against the BJP in Uttar Pradesh. So Therefore, they will support the Mahavikas Aghadi government,” said Jayant Patil.

Also Read >> Rajya Sabha Election: Who Will Seek MIM Help For Support? Nana Patole clearly said

“She is fine. This has all started so that all MLAs are in Mumbai and available to vote due to Corona. Votes need to be shown, so it is not about kidnapping anyone,” said Jayant Patil.

Also Read >> Did Bishnoi Gang Threaten Salman Khan? Important information provided by the Delhi Police after Mhorakya’s interrogation!

BJP will try to form a front. These elections were supposed to be uncontested. The candidate who is in the electoral arena; No need to blame him for trying to get votes. But originally, the Mahavikas Aghadi government was initially supported by 170 MLAs, so all the candidates will be elected,” said Jayant Patil.

Read also >> Married woman goes out with Chimurdi; Woman killed, daughter rescued

“Today, all members of the Legislative Assembly have received instructions from Mahavikas Aghadi. Most of the MLAs have arrived in Mumbai. Jayant Patil also said that this meeting was for all of them. Meanwhile, discussions are underway for the Legislative Council and we have two seats and it is being discussed for two seats Jayant Patil clarified that his decision will be announced in due course.

Website title: Jayant patil said that the 4th candidate in the 2022 rajya sabha elections will definitely win the prd

Next story
Contempt of Prophet Mohammad Case: Will Nupur Sharma’s Trouble Increase? Notice issued by the Mumbra Police!Nupur Sharma


Continue Reading

India news

Maharashtra HSC Result 2022: Class XII results to be announced tomorrow; ‘As a’ …

Published

on

By

Maharashtra HSC Result 2022: Class XII results to be announced tomorrow; See result ‘Asa’

Maharashtra Result 12 2022: The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education will release the class 12 results tomorrow.

Maharashtra HSC Result 2022 date
representative photo

Maharashtra HSC Result 2022 Date & Time: The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) will soon announce the results of Class XII on Wednesday, June 8, 2022. The results will be announced at 4 p.m. Candidates must check the official website of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education for the latest information on the results.

The Maharashtra HSC results were expected to be released on the website on June 10, 2022. But the board has issued official notification that the results will be announced tomorrow June 8.

You can view the results by logging into this website:

  • msbshse.co.in
  • hscresult.mkcl.org
  • mahresult.nic.in.

Check the results of ‘Asa’

  • To view the Maharashtra Board results, first visit the official website of MSBSHSE maharesult.nic.in or hscresult.mkcl.org or msbshse.co.in.
  • On the home page, click on the MSBSHSE 12th Result 2022 link, the link will be activated as soon as the result is announced.
  • Enter your registration number and date of birth, enter the captcha and click submit.
  • Your result will appear on your screen, you can download and save it to your desktop below.

Around 14 lakh students sit HSC exams in Maharashtra every year. Last year Maharashtra Board canceled board exams 10 and 12 due to corona virus. The students were approved on the basis of the internal evaluation and the test. However, the board exams were held like every year, so the students are eagerly awaiting the results.

Website title: Maharashtra hsc result 2022 date and time announced check all details how to download ttg grade sheet

Next story
NABARD Recruitment 2022: Job Opportunities; Start the application process, learn more detailswork 2022


Continue Reading

India news

Did the Bishnoi Gang threaten Salman Khan? After the chief’s consultation, Delhi…

Published

on

By

Did the Bishnoi Gang threaten Salman Khan? Important information provided by the Delhi Police after Mhorakya’s interrogation!

Who exactly threatened Salman Khan? The Mumbai Police are investigating in this regard and new information has come to light in the investigation by the Delhi Police.

salman khan lawrence bishnoi
Salman Khan threatened by Lawrence Bishnoi Gang? (Photo – PTI)

Mumbai police have launched an investigation after receiving death threats against Bollywood actor Salman Khan and his father Salim Khan. The State Department of Home Affairs has also taken note of this and the Deputy Commissioner of Mumbai Police, Vishwas Nangre Patil, has provided detailed information to the Home Minister in this regard. The Department of the Interior suspects that Lawrence Bishnoi’s gang was involved in the threat. In this context, the Delhi Police has given important information in this regard after interrogating the leader of this gang, Lawrence Bishnoi, in prison.

Salman threatens Sidhu Musewala

On June 5, Salim Khan received a threatening letter in his backyard. The letter threatened to “do the same to Salman Khan and Sidhu Musewala”. A complaint has been filed with the Bandra police and a case has been registered against an unidentified person. In this context, Nangre-Patil informed the Minister of the Interior, Dilip Walse Patil, about the investigation of this case and other important information. The Home Office has also said Lawrence Bishnoi’s gang is suspected of being behind the threat to Salman Khan.

Reiki from Salman’s house before sending a threatening letter; Vishwas Nangre Patil arrives to meet the Minister of the Interior

Meanwhile, while all these activities were going on in Mumbai, the Delhi police questioned Lawrence Bishnoi, the leader of the Bishnoi gang, who was serving his sentence in jail. When he asked Lawrence about the threat to Salman Khan, Lawrence told him that he had nothing to do with it. The Delhi Police has given this information, according to a tweet from ANI.

Salim Khan’s threatening letters Salman and Salim Khan increase security; Police authorities alerted after receiving threatening letter

“I have no idea”

Law enforcement suspects that the Lawrence Bishnoi gang was involved in the murder of Sidhu Musewala. The Bishnoi gang had previously threatened to kill Salman Khan in an antelope poaching case. However, Lawrence Bishnoi’s statement that “I don’t know who threatened Salman Khan” has added to the mystery. Who exactly threatened Salman Khan? The Mumbai police is conducting a thorough investigation into it.

Website title: salman khan life threat lawrence bishnoi gang siddhu musewala assassination pmw

Next story
The married woman strangled Chimurdi; Woman killed, daughter rescuedStole


Continue Reading

Trending