New Delhi: Banks are closed on Monday, March 4, 2019, on account of Maha Shivratri holiday in some parts of the country where the festival is more relevant. Maha Shivratri is not a nation-wide holiday or a gazetted holiday, however, the possibility of a bank holiday is higher in specific regions which witness the festival with a large number of people. As of now, there are only three country-wide gazetted holidays for banks in India, other than Sundays and designated Saturdays
|Republic Day||26 January 2019||Saturday|
|Good Friday||19 April 2019||Friday|
|Independence Day||15 August 2019||Thursday|
|Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti||2 October 2019||Wednesday|
|Christmas||25 December 2019||Wednesday|
- March 4, 2019 (Monday): Mahashivaratri in
- West Bengal , Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Assam , Arunachal Pradesh , Bihar, Sikkim, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Goa, Madhya Pradesh , Manipur, Tamilnadu , Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Dadra Nagar Haveli Banks will be closed.
- March 5, 2019 (Tuesday): The Panchayatriya Raj will remain closed in
- Odisha .
- March 7, 2019 (Thursday):
- Banks in Loosor Sikkim will remain closed.
- March 20, 2019 (Wednesday): Banks in Holi
- Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir , Assam, Uttarakhand will remain closed.
- March 20, 2019 (Wednesday):
- Bank will be closed in Hazrat Ali Jayanti Uttar Pradesh.
- March 21, 2019 (Thursday): The banks will remain closed in
- West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Karnataka , Kerala , Lakshadweep, Manipur, Jammu and Kashmir, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand.
- March 21, 2019 (Thursday): The
- bank will be closed in Yashang Second Day Manipur.
- March 22, 2019 (Friday): The
- banks will be closed in Bihar De Bihar.
- March 23, 2019 (Saturday): The Shahid Bhagat Singh Shahadat day will be closed in Punjab and Haryana.
If you are always visiting the bank, then you must know about the bank holiday list in March (Bank Holidays in March 2019). You should know how often the bank will be closed.Banks will be closed only on national holidays throughout the country. In addition to the local festivals and important days of the state, every state will have a local holiday. Talk about march, then this month there are two big festivals.