New Delhi: Shigella and Salmonella bacteria were found in food at a hotel in the Kasaragod district of Kerala. A 16-year-old girl has died after 58 people fell ill after consuming Shorama at the hotel. Shigella bacteria cause diarrhea.
According to medical experts, the disorder caused by Shigella is called Shigellosis. This can lead to intestinal infections and digestive disorders. This disorder is found throughout the world. Around 19 crore of patients are found in the world every year and around ten thousand people die from it.
Bacterial infections are mainly caused by contact with a patient with the disorder. The bacteria enter the small intestine through the stomach and grow there in large numbers. They then spread to the large intestine. This causes stomach cramps and diarrhea. The virus is spread through contact with infected objects, eating food that contains the bacteria, and sexual contact.
The symptoms are as follows:
- Diarrhea (occasional bleeding and bloating), stomach cramps or cramps. The fever is coming. Nothing to eat. Vomiting occurs.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to prevent this disease. Used diapers should be disposed of immediately. People with diarrhea or other symptoms should not cook. Water from springs, lakes and untreated water sources should not be used. Boil the water for 15 minutes.